[Twisted-Python] continuous integration update

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Dec 2 15:18:06 MST 2016

Hi all,

On Github, the process was supposed to be that we push any 3rd-party contributor branches to the buildbots before doing a final merge.  However, we (myself included, I think) have been landing PRs without doing that first.

In order to ensure that the process is followed, I've added a representative sample of buildbot status checks - specifically, buildbot/osx10.10-py2.7, buildbot/freebsd10-py3.5, and buildbot/freebsd10-py2.7 to the required list.

Additionally, I think I'd like to take our Mac builds off of Travis.  They're still in the allow_fail section, so they haven't been blocking merges, but a Travis build can't complete (and therefore register as "succeded") without them.  Given the repeated OS X related incidents on Travis (see here https://www.traviscistatus.com/incidents/nq0sf0srvx8s and here https://www.traviscistatus.com/incidents/3d430hxd59ft here https://www.traviscistatus.com/incidents/06xg686x7wgw and here https://www.traviscistatus.com/incidents/w82t22dlpntr and here https://www.traviscistatus.com/incidents/j7ttlsnbkf33 if you haven't been personally affected) the OS X builds have been responsible for something like 90% of our build times and have prevented me from making a lot of progress this week.  I've submitted a PR for this at https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/614 which hopefully someone can review and merge if they agree.

Thanks,

-glyph