[Twisted-Python] Tests on Windows with Python 3 now passing

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Tue Aug 23 04:33:12 MDT 2016

On 23 August 2016 at 05:49, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On Aug 22, 2016, at 9:29 PM, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at crodrigues.org> wrote:
>
> I have fixed the tests that were failing on Windows with Python 3.
>
> If you look at:
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/adiroiban/twisted/build/trunk-1008
>
> We now have builds running on Python 3.3, 3.4, and 3.5 on Windows.
> These builds are also uploading coverage results to codecov.io.
>
> I looked at that build and on Python 3.5 we have:
>
> 9539 tests (2338 skipped, 7201 succeeded)
>

> This is awesome.  I hope it'll open the door to more Windows/py3-minded
> contributors!
Great news.

Now that we have windows on appveyor, can we remove the Windows builders?

The windows builders are stuck on the virtualenv --clear step.

https://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/boxes-unsupported?branch=8544-tox-for-buildbot

As part of the work for #8544 I have created tox environment for all
builders  https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/280

so we should be able to run on appveyor the nomodules and bdist builders

for the bdist, we still need to see if is ok  to publish the wheel on
Azure and if is ok to create it from Win2008R2 Server vs Win7

--
Adi Roiban