[Twisted-Python] Please fix the broken buildbots

Mark Williams markrwilliams at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 21:08:18 MDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 06:24:29PM -0700, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

> > On Aug 22, 2016, at 5:40 PM, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at crodrigues.org> wrote:
> >
> > I don't understand the buildbot scripts so don't know where to fix this.
>
> Oh, and since this answer may be of general interest: the buildbot configuration is here: https://github.com/twisted-infra/braid/blob/master/services/buildbot/master/master.cfg so folks can look in that repository to investigate.
>
> -g

This appears to be the builder responsible for the failure Craig found, because it's got the same tox env:

https://github.com/twisted-infra/braid/blob/b04ca7df2943a75b8100c41be4016077fb442639/services/buildbot/master/master.cfg#L124-L131

In the definition of TwistedToxBuildFactory, the tests to run are always empty:

https://github.com/twisted-infra/braid/blob/master/services/buildbot/master/twisted_factories.py#L369

For each reactor, there's a TrialTox build step:

https://github.com/twisted-infra/braid/blob/master/services/buildbot/master/twisted_factories.py#L397-L402

And in the TrialTox step, tests comes in via __init__:

https://github.com/twisted-infra/braid/blob/master/services/buildbot/master/twisted_steps.py#L125

...gets assigned as an instance variable...
https://github.com/twisted-infra/braid/blob/master/services/buildbot/master/twisted_steps.py#L131

...and then put into a shell command:

https://github.com/twisted-infra/braid/blob/master/services/buildbot/master/twisted_steps.py#L155

I don't see how this could result in an empty string.  Something's up
on the boxes themselves.

Please give me access to the buildbots so I can fix them, I love them
and want them to thrive, etc.