[Twisted-Python] RFC: IPv6 multicast join/ticket 6597

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi at mithrandi.net
Thu Aug 4 19:10:28 MDT 2016

On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 at 18:04 Jason Litzinger <jlitzingerdev at gmail.com> wrote:

> I did try specifying the loopback index, however, I received a
> "Network Unreachable" error.  I didn't have time to dig into whether
> it was possible to do what I wanted with the loopback interface last
> night.

By default, the "multicast" flag is not enabled for the loopback interface
on Linux. Does running "ip link set dev lo multicast on" help here?
(Although requiring this would then be rather problematic for testing, as
doing this in containerized environments and restricted environments like
Travis is presumably impossible)