[Twisted-Python] RFC: IPv6 multicast join/ticket 6597

Jason Litzinger jlitzingerdev at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 10:03:49 MDT 2016

> When you say *no* interfaces, do you mean actually no interfaces? As in, no loopback as well?

I do not, sorry, that was poorly worded.  The loopback interface was
up for all test runs, and all other interfaces on my machine (ethernet
and wifi) were down.  Down in this context has two meanings (I tested
both):
1.  I manually took the interface down with "ifconfig <iface> down"
2.  I disconnected from my wireless network, so I had no address
assigned to any interface save the loopback.

In both cases, tests that pass with connectivity will fail due to the
index parameter.

I did try specifying the loopback index, however, I received a
"Network Unreachable" error.  I didn't have time to dig into whether
it was possible to do what I wanted with the loopback interface last
night.

Thanks,
-Jason

*Note: I'm using my gmail client for the reply here instead of
mutt...hopefully it isn't garbled.