[Twisted-Python] [Twisted] #7598: Port twisted.spread.pb to Python3

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Aug 2 04:39:58 MDT 2016

> On Aug 2, 2016, at 01:45, Wolfgang Rohdewald <wolfgang.kde at rohdewald.de> wrote:
>
> Am Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2016, 11:27:15 CEST schrieb Twisted:
>> #7598: Port twisted.spread.pb to Python3
>
> did you test with client on Python2 and server on Python3 and vice versa?
>
> Not a bug report, but anyway ... This was client with Python3,
> server with Python2

This is a perfectly good bug report :) and it's a case that should definitely be considered.  Probably we should up-convert from bytes automatically in the places where we know python will be using the values as identifiers, including callRemote and the keys in a __dict__.

This is unfortunately very tricky to know though, if we support serializing both bytes and strings :-\.

-glyph