[Twisted-Python] Twisted 16.4.0 Prerelease 2 Announcement

Amber "Hawkie" Brown hawkowl at atleastfornow.net
Sun Aug 21 11:28:30 MDT 2016

Hi everyone!

I bring you a new Twisted 16.4.0 prerelease, with the following fixes:

- Twisted's HTTP server, when operating over TLS, would not cleanly close sockets, causing it to build up CLOSE_WAIT sockets until it would eventually run out of file descriptors. (from 16.3.2)
- AMP no longer fails on floats on Python 3.

For more information, check the NEWS file (link provided below).

As usual, it's available for download -- go here (https://twistedmatrix.com/Releases/pre/16.4.0pre2/ <https://twistedmatrix.com/Releases/pre/16.4.0pre2/>) to get the prerelease tarballs and the full NEWS file. If you want to install it right away, run:

   pip install https://twistedmatrix.com/Releases/pre/16.4.0pre2/Twisted-16.4.0rc2.tar.bz2 <https://twistedmatrix.com/Releases/pre/16.4.0pre2/Twisted-16.4.0rc2.tar.bz2>

Please let me know if you have any issues, as well as if you don't! If everything works well, that's a good thing for me to know :)

Twisted Regards,
Amber Brown (HawkOwl)