[Twisted-Python] twisted.python.dist as a public API

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Sat Aug 6 17:31:14 MDT 2016

Hi,

Why is twisted.python.dist3.py a public module?

Are there any external projects which need to get the list of the modules
ported to Python3?

------------------

Why is twisted.python.dist a public module?

The docstring starts with `Don't use this outside of Twisted.'  but why not
named it twisted.python._dist or twisted.python._setup to make it clear
that it is private ?

-------

I am trying to clean up the setup.py code as I feel that having the setup()
definition split between setup.py and dist.py is not ideal

Can I rename twisted.python.dist and remove unused code from
twisted.python.dist without a deprecation dance?

The dedicated ticket is here https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/8622 and
is in the review queue

Regards,
--