[Twisted-Python] Crochet 1.5.0: Use Twisted in Django, Flask, or anywhere else

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Fri Apr 15 02:34:04 MDT 2016

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 at 23:53 Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On Apr 13, 2016, at 13:18, Itamar Turner-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org>
> wrote:
>
> Do you wish you could:
>
>    - Use the power of Twisted's asynchronous networking in Django, Flask,
>    or other threaded applications?
>
> Thanks for the update, Itamar!
>
> Do you think maybe it's time to integrate Crochet into Twisted proper, so
> we can obviate the need for the 'setup()' step, and just have the reactor
> do that itself?

 +1 on integrating this functionality into Twisted.

I wrote
https://github.com/testing-cabal/testtools/blob/master/testtools/twistedsupport/_spinner.py
before
Crotchet came out. It's been used for years as part of testtools with great
success. I don't advocate integrating it into Twisted, but I think that
whoever integrates Crotchet should at least take a look in case it catches
edge cases that Crotchet misses.

jml