[Twisted-Python] Crochet 1.5.0: Use Twisted in Django, Flask, or anywhere else

Itamar Turner-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Wed Apr 13 17:50:10 MDT 2016

On 04/13/2016 06:52 PM, Glyph wrote:

> Do you think maybe it's time to integrate Crochet into Twisted proper,
> so we can obviate the need for the 'setup()' step, and just have the
> reactor do that itself?

Well, setup() runs the reactor in a thread, which is probably not what
you want in a regular Twisted program. For Twisted-native applications
interacting with Crochet you don't want to do the auto-reactor mode, so
you call no_setup() earlier in startup process, and then subsequent
setup() calls (e.g. from other packages) are ignored.

So given it would have to have the same API as currently, I'm not sure
what the benefit of integrating it into Twisted would be.