[Twisted-Python] web.client.readBody

Cory Benfield cory at lukasa.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 04:05:24 MDT 2016

> On 4 Apr 2016, at 09:32, John Aherne <johnaherne at rocs.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Cory
>
> Thanks for the detailed reply.
>
> I'll see what I can make of it.
>
> I must admit I don't see Google paying much attention to this.
>
> It does work if I use response.deliverBody, but I thought getting the complete response in one hit would be better.
>
> John

Yeah, so the difference is that with response.deliverBody you’re not checking the code in connectionLost. If you were, you’d be seeing PotentialDataLoss as well. ;)

There’s nothing wrong with using readBody, you just need to adjust your errback/callback chain to transform the response appropriately in this case.

And yeah, I doubt Google will listen. =P

Cory