[Twisted-Python] Paid summer work for the Twisted Software Foundation

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Sep 17 23:11:46 MDT 2015

> On Sep 17, 2015, at 5:41 PM, Eeshan Garg <jerryguitarist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello!

Hi Eeshan!

> I recently moved to St. John's, NL, Canada to study at the Memorial University of Newfoundland. And I was wondering if I can do some paid summer work for Twisted next summer? It would be a great learning experience for me, and not to mention that it would also help me pay my tuition.

As it stands right now, we have approved another round of fellowships which will just about exhaust our current budget.  (Hence the call for help with fundraising.)  Hopefully we'll receive lots more sponsors in the coming year, but it's probably best not to count on it.

> The reason I am asking this question now is because I think it will give me some time to prepare and get some guidance from Twisted developers regarding potential project ideas and what to work on, should you choose to consider me as a worthy candidate for a paid summer work position for the Twisted Software Foundation.

Your best bet would be to ensure that there are enough mentors to have Twisted participate in the Google Summer of Code 2016, so you can submit an application to that :-).

I think any area of focus is probably fine, but you should probably pick one specific area to become familiar with in the coming months.  At random, let me pick... twisted.mail?  If you have another focus area feel free to switch, but the important thing is just to pick one and start becoming familiar with it, so that you can evaluate what kinds of larger projects might be possible.

> Let me know what you think! Eagerly waiting for your reply! :-)

-glyph