[Twisted-Python] Usage and testing of the new logging system

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Sep 30 16:46:42 MDT 2015

On Sep 29, 2015, at 04:59, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I feel that the current documentation for the new logging system lacks
> information about how to use it in new Twisted code, how to
> refactor/migrate existing code and how to test the usage of the new
> logging system.
>
> I have created a dedicated ticket
> https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/8036 which should focus on
> updating the current documentation to include some examples and best
> practices.
>
> This email is just to let you know about the new ticket and that it
> requires your feedback.
>
> Thanks!

Thanks for writing this up, Adi. I definitely agree, we need better documentation for this migration!  I am hoping that the logging system migration is the first migration that eventually sets the precedent that we *can* migrate to new, better APIs within Twisted itself, and this would definitely facilitate that :).

-glyph