[Twisted-Python] Crossbar.io 0.11.0
tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de
Mon Sep 7 14:31:48 MDT 2015
I am pleased to announce Crossbar.io 0.11.0
Crossbar.io is an open-source WAMP application router that allows to
build advanced applications from loosely-coupled components that can
talk in real-time with each other.
This is a big release:
- Python 3 support! Yes, that's right. Crossbar.io now runs on Py3.
- Node, worker and component start/stop/failure behavior improved a lot
- new File Upload Service
- new Web Hook Service
- Complete new logging system (structured logging + color!)
- Improved both Crossbar's own logging, and logging from user components
- Lots of issues and corner-cases fixed
- Automated testing / CI on 8 platform combinations
- Much improved unit test coverage
A big chunk of the credits for this go to Crossbar.io core devs
Amber "hawkie" / http://atleastfornow.net/
Mike "meejah" / https://meejah.ca/
Both are working on CB under Tavendo contract. This release simply
wouldn't be as awesome as it is without them! Period. hawkie and meejah
are experienced, creative, precise and just cool Python devs, can't say
how happy we are to work with them;)
Then the "File Upload Service" was contributed by
Marko (Record Evolution)
Record Evolution is using Crossbar.io and Autobahn throughout their
RE.base and RE.porter products. Happy users make new contributors!
You can find the docs for the new user visible features here:
Ah, speaking of docs. Yeah, needs to improve, we know. And it's coming!
We have a complete new launch of the Crossbar.io Web site including docs
in the cooking. Stay tuned!
More information about the Twisted-Python