[Twisted-Python] SNI callback with support for deferreds

Jonathan Stoppani jonathan at stoppani.name
Mon Oct 26 06:37:42 MDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 3:37 AM, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com>
wrote:

> The implementation of this solution is available at
> https://gist.github.com/GaretJax/124c523a62ba48c9eec1, and I'd like to
> contribute it back to Twisted, however, it has no unit tests and needs some
> design decisions/validation.
>

> It also needs a serious overhaul on its indentation - something messed up
> happened to that code :).

I don't get it, I see it all as PEP8 compliant (will need to adapt spacing
to Twisted's code standards, but that should be all).

> Anyone willing to help me getting a proper patch?
>

> What help do you need?  I will be happy to do reviews when it's readye. :)

Definitely a review. Even before that I would like to know if the approach
 as I implemented is ok design wise or if I it needs adaptations. Also, in
which module should the code live?
And then there is this:
https://gist.github.com/GaretJax/124c523a62ba48c9eec1#file-usage-py-L13-L19
(maybe testing will help finding out the exact cause of those symptoms).

P.S.: A big shout-out to Twisted for its excellent TLS support out of the
> box. We got a straight A rating out of the box on ssl labs!
>

> really glad to hear this!  I do plan to quote you on that :)

Feel free to! Maybe remove the "out of the box" repetition. :D
We will use it as edge load balancer and SSL terminator for
http://www.aldryn.com/. Currently we're using Hipache, but it does not
support SNI at all and is written in JS. :-(
We should deploy the new Twisted based implementation during the course of
this week.

Best,
Jonathan