[Twisted-Python] Handling upstream patches

Gavin Panella gavin at gromper.net
Fri Oct 16 07:23:01 MDT 2015

On 16 October 2015 at 12:07, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:
> As a Twisted committer do I need to care about LP / Ubuntu upstream patches?
>
> Does Twisted has a follow-up process so that upstream patches are
> applied in trunk?

I think we (the MAAS team) should propose our patch for inclusion into Twisted.

https://code.launchpad.net/~jtv/maas/bug-1372767/+merge/235616 is the
original fix within MAAS, which monkey-patches
twisted.web.client.URI/_URI. This has the benefit of having tests
which the patch that made it into Ubuntu lacks.

I'll put together a patch that can be applied to Twisted proper (i.e.
the patch that has gone into Ubuntu, plus tests) and propose it.

Gavin.