[Twisted-Python] ANN: Eliot 0.9, the logging system with causality - now with journald support

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Oct 8 17:38:23 MDT 2015

> On Oct 8, 2015, at 6:04 AM, Itamar Turner-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:
>
> Eliot 0.9 is out, with a new utility for pretty-printing log messages and native journald support <http://eliot.readthedocs.org/en/0.9.0/journald.html>. You can now route Eliot logs to journald and when an error occurs easily find all logged actions that led up to that particular error, as opposed to most logging systems where this would involve reading all the logs and figuring out which ones apply and which to ignore.
>
> Most logging systems can tell you what happened; Eliot tells you why it happened:

Cool, this looks awesome Itamar, thanks for letting us know!

Does Eliot make use of the new logging system at all?  If not, is there anything that might make Eliot's Twisted backend easier to maintain if we added it?  Just kind of curious about adoption of those new APIs in the world of logging...

-glyph