[Twisted-Python] incompatible change - need revert before release

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Nov 20 01:32:39 MST 2015

> On Nov 20, 2015, at 12:08 AM, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:
>
> It was released before 15.4
>
> Twisted Web 15.2.0 (2015-05-18)
> ===============================
>
> Features
> --------
>  - twisted.web.server.Site accepts requestFactory as constructor
>    argument. (#7016)

> Not sure if rollback is the right thing to do... but I have no idea how to proceed as any change will back the compatibility.
>
> I guess that we should just create a normal bug ticket and fix this issue

Thanks for finding the changelog entry; sorry for the false alarm.

If it's been in a release, then there's probably nothing to do.  It's a shame that this went out, but once a breakage like this has happened we have to live with it because otherwise, as you say, we'd be breaking compatibility for the people that already upgraded.  For those that need to support both versions, keyword arguments are the way to go.

-glyph