[Twisted-Python] Twisted Web at 630k reqs/sec

Tobias Oberstein tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de
Mon Nov 16 13:11:42 MST 2015

>          Are you sure IOCP is able to share sockets between process? It
>     would be great if you can share some info about this. I only use

No, I am not sure. But this SO reply seems to suggest

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14388706/socket-options-so-reuseaddr-and-so-reuseport-how-do-they-differ-do-they-mean-t/14388707#14388707

But: there are actually 2 things required (which Linux does):

a) able to share sockets (without communicating a socket descriptor over
some channel)
b) have the kernel load-balance incoming connections over all processes
listening

E.g. FreeBSD does only a) currently, not b)

> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms740478(v=vs.85).aspx
>
>      This feature is only available on windows 8.1 or later. It would be
> great if twisted can support this feature.

Interesting! But that's not what Linux does, as it requires to
communicate  WSAPROTOCOL_INFO over to other processes.

AND: it's not clear from the MS docs if the Win kernel will actually
load-balance incoming connections.

Cheers,
/Tobias