[Twisted-Python] Twisted Web at 630k reqs/sec

Tobias Oberstein tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de
Sun Nov 15 03:06:20 MST 2015

>   Hi Tobias
>      Have you tried to test crossbar on windows? I heard that stdio

Yes, I have tried that;) Crossbar.io supports Windows!

> performs very bad on windows. I noticed crossbar use pipe to transfer
> data between process.

Only for control/management: that is traffic between the node controller
process and the worker processes. Performance is irrelevant on that.

What's required for high-performance on Windows is the Twisted IOCP
reactor. For Python 2 that works quite well. For Python 3 some bits are
missing in Twisted (Hawkie is working on that). For shared sockets
(which Crossbar.io uses for multi-core scaling), more work on the IOCP
reactor would be needed.

Cheers,
/Tobias