[Twisted-Python] twisted/runner/inetdtap.py pyflakes warnings cleanup

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Sun Nov 22 14:31:00 MST 2015

Hi,

Right now  twisted/runner/inetdtap.py has the following errors reported by
pyflakes:

$ pyflakes twisted/runner/inetdtap.py
twisted/runner/inetdtap.py:58: undefined name 'rpcVersions'
twisted/runner/inetdtap.py:59: undefined name 'name'
twisted/runner/inetdtap.py:62: undefined name 'p'
twisted/runner/inetdtap.py:152: undefined name 'proto'

>From what I can see from reading the code, RPCServer.startService is broken.

makeService is also broken for rpc/* services .

There are no tests for all this code.

Link for the code :
https://github.com/twisted/twisted/blob/trunk/twisted/runner/inetdtap.py

----------

I am working on getting the Twisted code clean of pyflakes errors/warnings
so that contributors could run pyflakes check on their own branch, without
relying on buildbot.

I would like to clean the inetdtap.py module of pylakes warning but since
it is broken and has no tests, I have no idea what this code is expected to
do and how end users are expecting to use it.

Does someone volunteer to fix it?

Otherwise, has anyone any objections against deprecating
twisted/runner/inetdtap.py?
Since it is broken, can we just remove it?

Thanks!
--
Adi Roiban