[Twisted-Python] Multiple plugins in "twistd"

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed May 20 14:37:26 MDT 2015

> On May 20, 2015, at 04:08, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
>
> On 02:41 am, zadka.moshe at gmail.com wrote:
>> OK, so let me once again enumerate the tickets I'm going to open, because
>> it seems like we're reaching consensus:
>>
>> [1] PROVIDES (pretty much as written: exarkun -- the idea is to walk up the
>> hierarchy and then back down, so I did mean IService -- go up until you
>> find a root, then go down and get all descendents)
>
> Oops.  You can't get children *or* a parent from IService.  But you can at least get children from IServiceCollection.

I went to go check on this, and not only are you right, but the docstrings in the reference documentation for Service, IService, and IServiceCollection seem to be full of errors and missing copy/pasted stuff.  Moshe, if you could have a look at maybe cleaning this area up (in a separate ticket, of course) as you're working on service stuff?

-glyph