[Twisted-Python] Twisted 15.2 Prerelease Announcement

Ray Cote rgacote at appropriatesolutions.com
Tue May 12 12:31:45 MDT 2015

Great news on the release and the ever forward march to more Python 3
compatibility.
I'm finally starting to move over a lot of projects to Python 3.4 and plan
to try moving my first small Twisted project in about three months.
Looking forward to digging in.
--Ray

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 8:54 AM, HawkOwl <hawkowl at atleastfornow.net> wrote:

> Hello everyone! It's about time that the owl-themed release management
> simulation kicked into high-gear, and as such, I delivereth to you all the
> first prerelease of Twisted 15.2.
>
> Bringing not only headlining features but also a lot of incremental
> improvements, this release has got plenty to like:
>
> - twisted.logger has landed! This is a brand-new, feature-rich logging
> framework.
> - Python 3.4 is now a supported platform for all the Py3 ported modules.
> - twisted.trial.unittest.TestCase's assertEqual, assertTrue, and
> assertFalse methods now pass through the standard library's more
> informative failure messages.
> - twisted.python.filepath.FilePath now supports Unicode (text) paths
> properly, and includes as{Bytes,Text}Mode methods for interacting with APIs
> that require a text/bytes-only FilePath.
> - twisted.mail.smtp.sendmail now supports ESMTP and provides a high-level
> interface for sending mail.
> - The following parts of Twisted are now ported to Python 3:
>     - twisted.internet.process
>     - twisted.cred.credentials
>     - twisted.python.modules
>     - twisted.internet.kqreactor
>     - twisted.internet.endpoints.ProcessEndpoint
>     - twisted.web.static
>
> As usual, tarballs can be found at
> http://twistedmatrix.com/Releases/pre/15.2.0pre1/ , and the full NEWS
> file can be found at
> http://twistedmatrix.com/Releases/pre/15.2.0pre1/NEWS.txt .
>
> On a personal note, I'd like to thank Tavendo for sponsoring a majority of
> my Py3 porting work, and everyone who reviewed tickets for getting it
> landed.
>
> Please test out the new prerelease :)
>
> Twisted regards,
> Amber "Hawkie" Brown

Raymond Cote, President
voice: +1.603.924.6079 email: rgacote at AppropriateSolutions.com skype:
ray.cote