[Twisted-Python] Need advice on how to move further with ticket 7897

Eeshan Garg jerryguitarist at gmail.com
Tue May 19 10:38:18 MDT 2015

Hi!

I filed a ticket (Log the log events in twisted.internet.protocol.Factory
using the new logging system <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/7897>)
and I have also submitted a patch for it. However, while working on the
patch, I had some concerns that I have already summarized in a ticket
comment. I would really appreciate it if someone could please take a look
and give me some advice as to how to move further with this ticket so that
I can start working on other patches for porting to twisted.logger. :-)

About a week ago, I sent a similar email to the mailing list (quoted
below), but did not get a reply, so I thought I would send another one.

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 12:37 PM, Eeshan Garg <jerryguitarist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I am aware that I have sent an email with a similar subject line before,
> but this time this involves a particular ticket (<
> https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/7897>) that I have submitted for
> review. The ticket is about logging the log events in
> twisted.internet.protocol.Factory using the new logging system, and it is
> one of the first tickets about modifying existing logging statements in the
> Twisted code base to use the new system.
>
> While working on this ticket, I ran into some issues that I have
> summarized in a comment on the same ticket <
> https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/7897#comment:2> and it would mean a
> lot to me if someone could take a look.
>
> I recall that HawkOwl had some concerns regarding moving to the new
> logging system. And so I thought that it would be better if I share my
> thoughts on the mailing list as well and not just on the particular ticket,
> so that anybody who is interested in sharing their concerns can do so.
>
> Regards,
> Eeshan Garg

Let me know what you think!

Thanks & regards,