[Twisted-Python] Twisted on Windows, 2015 edition

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Mar 26 16:56:45 MDT 2015

> On Mar 25, 2015, at 3:01 PM, Christian Long <christianzlong2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm writing up my experiences porting a Twisted application from Linux
> to Windows. Part 1 is up, covering how to install the requirements.
>
> http://www.christianlong.com/blog/twisted-on-windows-2015-edition.html
>
> Part 2 will cover running Twisted as a Windows service.
>
> Part 3 will cover making your own binary distributions using wheel.
>
> Python packaging has improved a lot in recent years, especially on
> Windows. Glyph, thank you for pypiwin32.

Thank you SO much for doing this, Christian.  I have had a half-finished draft of a blog post of this type for quite some time, which I have been feeling bad about not finishing.  Ever since cyli's tutorials fell out of date, we have been lacking something like this.

I haven't had time to review thoroughly, but it looks very good from a quick skim.

As you're writing these instructions, don't be shy about filing bugs for things that should work differently or better on Windows.  We should have documentation of the state of the art but we should also be striving to improve.

I am particularly looking forward to Part 2 - I'd really like to have our Windows buildbots come up automatically on boot, since I still VNC across a transcontinental network link every time one of them reboots ;-).

-glyph