[Twisted-Python] Unhandled Error in python 3 test suite

HawkOwl hawkowl at atleastfornow.net
Mon Mar 23 08:25:03 MDT 2015

> On 23 Mar 2015, at 22:05, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:
>
> When running the pyhon3 tests I see many Unhandled Error
> ex:
> https://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/python-3.3-tests/builds/2736/steps/shell/logs/stdio
>
> This looks bad. Is this a bug in the test runner or a bug in the code?
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Adi Roiban

Hi Adi,

It's not really a bug -- it's just that the stderr isn't being captured like real Trial does. Twisted will reraise errors so they show up in logs, but will actually handle them (I think, anyway). The traceback formatting just says it's an unhandled error. That is, it was handled by Twisted, but it was unhandled by user code, and generated an errback or such.

- Hawkie