[Twisted-Python] Twisted 15.1 feedback

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Mar 21 10:53:10 MDT 2015

On 03:41 pm, chriswwolfe at gmail.com wrote:
>Hawkowl,
>
>The new functionality for installing optional dependencies does not on
>Python3 (ticket: https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/7807).
>
>This is due to two things:
>1. some of the optional dependencies do not support python3
>2. setup3.py isn't using the optional extras built in the main setup.py
>file.

Are these regressions compared to 15.0?  I don't think they are because
these features are brand new (on Python 2) in 15.0.  #7807 should be
fixed (and hopefully for 15.2) but it doesn't sound like it's a blocking
issue for completing the 15.1 release because it doesn't remove
something that was included in 15.0.

Jean-Paul