[Twisted-Python] Removing Python 2.6 Support after Twisted 15.1

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Mar 19 23:43:46 MDT 2015

> On Mar 19, 2015, at 5:05 AM, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> I honestly wouldn't worry about it too much; RedHat's policies aren't and shouldn't be Twisted's problem. Do what's best for your development.

The problem is that they kinda are Twisted's problem - in the sense that we want our users to keep upgrading Twisted.  If users are doing this on RHEL6, then maybe there's a reason to keep supporting 2.6.  But if using RHEL just means that they're never upgrading anything then there's no point to continuing maintenance.

I wish that we had metrics on who was using Twisted where so we could make data-driven decisions about stuff like this :-\.

-glyph