[Twisted-Python] twisted echo ssl client with .p12

Louis D. Burr ldanielburr at me.com
Thu Mar 19 09:36:03 MDT 2015

Hi Timothy,

> On Mar 19, 2015, at 9:56 AM, Timothy Gallagher <timothy.gallagher at nuspire.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
> I have a project that requires client server with ssl/tls including client certificate authentication.  Also the a requirement is that the client needs to use a .p12 file to house its keys.  I have the server part and client part down except I cannot find any code examples using a .p12 file to get the certificates.  Can this be done without having to hack into the ssl.ClientConextFactory?

Maybe http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6345786/python-reading-a-pkcs12-certificate-with-pyopenssl-crypto <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6345786/python-reading-a-pkcs12-certificate-with-pyopenssl-crypto> will be useful to you.  Twisted uses pyopenssl under the covers, so the solution exarkun posted to StackOverflow should be applicable.

Hope this helps,

- L. Daniel Burr