[Twisted-Python] Twisted Project Job Posting

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Mar 28 10:22:26 MDT 2015

Hello all,

The Twisted issue tracker needs someone to pay attention to it for spam
content and clean up that content.  I've been taking care of this for a
while now but I'm going to step back from this position soon.

These days spam is primarily submitted as new tickets.  When a spam
ticket is filed, it needs to be deleted.  There's a form in the trac web
interface for deleting tickets.  Access needs to be specially granted,
so you need a trac account to volunteer for this role.

Trac is configured with some automatic spam filtering software.  It
catches some, but obviously not all, spam submissions.

The trac rss feed can be used to monitor new content for spam.  Total
time commitment for this job is pretty minimal (perhaps a few minutes a
week) but timely action on spam is preferred.

It's probably also possible for this responsibility to shared between
multiple people (divided up however those people find works).

I'll continue covering this role for another week but after that I'll
stop - so please volunteer before then!

Thanks,
Jean-Paul