[Twisted-Python] twisted echo ssl client with .p12

Timothy Gallagher timothy.gallagher at nuspire.com
Thu Mar 19 08:56:36 MDT 2015

Hello all,
I have a project that requires client server with ssl/tls including client certificate authentication.  Also the a requirement is that the client needs to use a .p12 file to house its keys.  I have the server part and client part down except I cannot find any code examples using a .p12 file to get the certificates.  Can this be done without having to hack into the ssl.ClientConextFactory?

ctx = ssl.ClientContextFactory.getContext(self)
ctx.use_certificate_file('keys/client.crt')
ctx.use_privatekey_file('keys/client.key')

Any assistance or code examples would be a huge help.

Thank you for the time
TJ