[Twisted-Python] twistechecker and twisted-dev-tools as part of twisted main repo

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Mon Mar 16 03:17:45 MDT 2015

Hi

I know that twisted main repo contains a lot of code but I would like
to discuss the option of merging
twisted-dev-tools and twistedchecker into twisted main repo.

The main reason why I want this is to make reviews for these repos
more visible to twisted developers.

I don't think that we would have a different team of developers
working on twisted and another one on twisted tools and twistedchecker

I understand that twistedchecker was started as a SOC project and I
agree that is much easier to start as a separate project, but not I
feel that having a different repo does not help.

------

Twistedchecker  has become an important part of dev process and I feel
that the reviews for this project are should be more visible.

For example my PRs for twistedchecker are unreviewed on GitHub for
more than on mouth and there are many other reviews laying idle

------

Maybe there is another reason why those PR are not reviewed and
merging twistechecker and twisted-dev-tools will not help with having
those PR reviewed faster but I would like to investigate this issue
and look for solutions.

What do you think?

I have also filled this ticket
https://github.com/twisted/twisted-dev-tools/issues/11

I think that reviewing patched in less than 2 weeks is critical for
having an active open source project and expecting for developers to
send more patches.

Cheers
--
Adi Roiban