[Twisted-Python] Proposal -- Code of Conduct

Kevin Turner keturn at keturn.net
Wed Jun 24 14:25:02 MDT 2015

I'm generally +1 on the idea of having a CoC.

I'm content to delegate the details to subcommittee, so maybe I should
leave it at that, but I find there's one point I want to reinforce here:

On Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 08:46 AM, Moshe Zadka wrote:
> 4. A CoC has several purposes, and "banning people" is actually pretty
>    far down the list. […]

Agreed. Clayton said "They rarely get read until there's a problem," but
I think prevention and expectation-setting are things to aim for here.
If people only find out about what's acceptable conduct *after* there's
a problem, that's too late.

and as an aside,

> I think it's a problem that we don't have the names of the people on
> the PLC on our wiki, but this is a separate issue. [It should be
> rectified, as well as clarifying the rules for how the PLC
> acquires/retires members.

Agreed. (I am one of the current PLC members.)