[Twisted-Python] Proposal -- Code of Conduct

Clayton Daley clayton.daley at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 15:52:11 MDT 2015

I'm not picky which CoC we use, but the fact that upstream requires
approval shouldn't disqualify PSF. Part of my argument is that our
contributions benefit a larger community. If PSF needs an enforcement
clause, they might be more than willing to adopt the change -- and a bigger
community would certainly benefit.

The goal should be to participate in and contribute to something broad.
PSF woudl be great.  A little Googling identified some other referenced
CoCs (Twitter, Ubuntu, GDC, OSI, Gnome, Mozilla) -- see
https://openhatch.org/wiki/Project_codes_of_conduct for these and more
examples -- as well as the "Contributor Covenant" that claims ~30 projects
as participants and accepts PRs:

http://contributor-covenant.org/

It seems likely that at least one of these options provides both a good
starting point and an acceptable governance policy.

Clayton