[Twisted-Python] Twisted is removing Python 2.6 support

Amber "Hawkie" Brown hawkowl at atleastfornow.net
Sun Jun 7 23:57:43 MDT 2015

Hi everyone,

As mentioned in http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2015-March/029258.html , Twisted is removing Python 2.6 support. As such, I would like to announce that 15.3 will be the last release with 2.6 support. After this release, the Python 2.6 buildbots will be removed from the 'supported' list and most likely retired.

This will remove all buildbot coverage of OS X and RHEL/CentOS. As I've been taking point on the buildbots recently, I'm going to be deploying a new CentOS 7 buildslave which will provide coverage of that platform. That just leaves OS X uncovered -- so if you would like to donate buildslaves for this, please send me an email.

Amber "Hawkie" Brown
GPG: https://keybase.io/hawkowl