[Twisted-Python] pypy support

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Jun 6 23:25:23 MDT 2015

Many Twisted core developers (myself included) like to suggest that we run PyPy.  We ourselves run PyPy in production.  It kinda works.

And yet, our test suite is still failing on PyPy after many years.

I'd like to suggest that if you have some time to write some code for Twisted this month, you fix a test failure or two on <https://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/debian7-pypy2.5/builds/44/steps/trial/logs/problems <https://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/debian7-pypy2.5/builds/44/steps/trial/logs/problems>>.  Some of these are subtle and weird, but there really aren't that many of them (14 failures, 16 errors in all).

Once we can move the builder to supported (which HawkOwl has done with two other builders this month!) we will have a lot more assurance that PyPy will keep working in all those production environments :).

-glyph