[Twisted-Python] Silverberg CQL Driver

Manish Tomar manish.tomar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 16:34:35 MDT 2015

Hi Jason,

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 12:39 PM, Jason J. W. Williams
<jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for rewaking this thread. Finally getting around to playing with
> silverberg, but having a lot of trouble getting it to talk to
> Cassandra 2.1.6 (throws "unknown opcode 44" or "unknown opcode 81"
> depending on whether I'm trying to use authentication or not).
>
> Was curious if y'all ran without authentication and if you thought
> this might be a 2.1.x compatibility issue?
We [1] have been using silverber with cassandra 1.2.9 for quite
sometime now and have not tried with 2+. We currently don't use auth
but I vaguely remember testing it against 1.2.9 and it worked. It
might be a cassandra 2+ compatibility issue.

Regards,
Manish

[1] https://github.com/rackerlabs/otter