[Twisted-Python] Spurious failure on winxp32-py2.7

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Mon Jan 26 08:56:04 MST 2015

I have updated my findings here: https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/6027

> The default state of a test should *not* be to skip.  It should be to run.
> A skipped test is a useless test.
>
> As a matter of general principle, the only reason a test should ever be
> skipped within Twisted is if an optional dependency is not available.  And,
> just to be clear, the presence of "TODO'd" tests is pretty much just a bug,
> fix old ones and never add new ones :-).

I think that these todo are just another way of creating a ticket ...
with a promise to annoy you forever

Would it help if I extract them into proper Trac tickes and clean the code?

--------

Maybe update docs and stress that todo tests should not be committed
... or never mention about such thing as TODO markers,
I just write tests and expect them to fail without marking them as todo.

http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/development/policy/test-standard.html

(not sure why some docs are on wiki and others in the repo)

And maybe also add a twistedchecker check and check that no new tests
are commited with todo.

--
Adi Roiban