[Twisted-Python] twistedchecker - Names of constant which are used as configuration options

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Sun Jan 25 07:09:38 MST 2015

On 25 January 2015 at 01:01,  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> On 24 Jan, 07:51 pm, adi at roiban.ro wrote:

> Also: pre-existing errors like this one should not block new development
> work being done.  It is *not* a requirement that a patch fix all nearby but
> unrelated problems like this one.

OK. but then maybe twistededchecker and pyflakes should not be part of
the stable builders.
In my head, all stable builders should pass before merging new code.

> New and changed code should conform to the standard and try not to introduce
> new errors.  If the "errors" being introduced are due to bugs in a tool that
> reports errors, the bugs should be fixed.

New code should only try not to introduce new errors?

I was expecting that new code is not allowed to introduce new errors. Period.

> Existing code *near* new or changed code can and should be left alone.

Does this mean that The (boy) scout rule does not apply for Twisted development?

Thanks!

--
Adi Roiban