[Twisted-Python] Twisted Lore project development

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Jan 24 13:50:48 MST 2015

On 07:48 pm, adi at roiban.ro wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is Twisted Lore project still under development.

No.  It is deprecated.

https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/browser/trunk/twisted/__init__.py#L68
https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/browser/trunk/twisted/lore/__init__.py#L5
>>>from twisted import lore
[...]
__main__:1: DeprecationWarning: twisted.lore was deprecated in Twisted
14.0.0: Use Sphinx instead.

>Should we accept new patches on Lore?

It's very unlikely that doing so will improve anything for anyone.
>Twisted has migrated to Sphinx ... does Twisted as a project encourage
>people to use Lore?

I think "Use Sphinx instead." in the message about should answer this
fairly clearly.
>I saw that it is still documented in latest version and there is no
>mention of being deprecated

It is standing policy *not* to delete the documentation of deprecated
APIs.  Only when the API itself is removed is the corresponding
documentation removed.

Jean-Paul