[Twisted-Python] Twisted receiving buffers swamped?

Tobias Oberstein tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de
Mon Jan 19 11:44:10 MST 2015

>>>Oh well.  I'm not going to spend much more effort to convince you that this is
>>>a bad idea.  Maybe someone else will.

>>That's ok for me.
>>I guess we will create something in-house that fits what we need.

>I don't think I am following this conversation.
>What do you mean by "in-house"?

>From how I understood Jean-Paul, he thinks using WAMP to hook up test infrastructure components (like load probes, test orchestrators and test database backend) is a bad idea, and HTTP/REST should be used instead.

I have a different view on this for technical reasons - but, admitted, also because I am affiliated with WAMP and have zero time to invest in stuff that I am not interested in / have no need for - that is HTTP/REST, and the server bits to make that fly. It'll be _more_ work on HTTP/REST, and less capable.

Anyway. I think WAMP is a great choice to hook up components of a distributed test system - which is what I am after (e.g. I want to orchestrate 10 TCP load probes running on different machines, stressing a target TCP echo server).

This difference in opinion might be because we have different _scopes/requirements_ to start from. Or not. I don't know.

So I thought, for the time being, it might be better if we (Tavendo) develop something for internal use / privately ("in-house"), and probably come again / show something when we actually have it running.

===

Regarding the "charting sub-issue":

I came across https://plot.ly/

This is kinda cool and very quick to get started:

http://picpaste.com/pics/Clipboard01-i4Karh0D.1421692351.png

It does histograms and tons of fancy stuff and hosts everything for free.

Cheers,
/Tobias