[Twisted-Python] Twisted receiving buffers swamped?

Tobias Oberstein tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de
Sat Jan 10 03:22:11 MST 2015

>It sounds like http://speed.twistedmatrix.com but far more ambitious :).  Are you familiar with that site, and the benchmarks repository that powers it?  It's nowhere near as comprehensive as what you'd like, but it is a good place to start.

I've look into it a little. I am confused;)

E.g. take "SSL throughput big writes":

http://picpaste.com/pics/Clipboard01-0isEvjph.1420884805.png

There is a big dropoff in commit 43146.

It's cool to see a history of performance correlated with commits.

Now, if I dig into that commit, I see:

http://picpaste.com/pics/Clipboard02-HV47NdTC.1420884887.png

The commit seems to be a "doc only" commit. No actual code changes at all.

How should I interpret that?

Probably the test machine was changed, a new version of OpenSSL or pyOpenSSL, or something else?

I'd say: the infrastructure aspects when doing performance tests do matter. To the degree that performance results are of very limited value at all, if the former aspects are not accounted for.

/Tobias