[Twisted-Python] Twisted receiving buffers swamped?

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Jan 1 13:26:05 MST 2015

> On Jan 1, 2015, at 2:21 AM, Tobias Oberstein <tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de> wrote:
>
> I am aware of http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/14.0.0/core/howto/producers.html <http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/14.0.0/core/howto/producers.html>, but that seems to cover the sending side only.

It covers the receiving side as well.  If you pauseProducing() on a transport, it stops calling dataReceived on its transport.

> What's the cause? What can I do?

My initial hypothesis is that netperf is sending traffic but not bothering to receive it.

If this hypothesis is correct, then self.transport.registerProducer(self.transport) should solve the problem.  Presuming that there is no problem with crossing the streams - I don't think i've ever done that particular incantation, and I'm almost shocked it's taken this long to come up :).

-glyph