[Twisted-Python] the repository metadata of inevitability

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Jan 23 14:23:16 MST 2015

Hi all,

Right now we have an Git mirror which has bogus committer IDs for everybody.

Eventually, this will become the actual real repository.

Before that happens, for aesthetic reasons, I would like to fix the metadata in the mirror so that it accurately records the email address of the committer, ideally with an email address that's actually associated with their github account so the right little picture shows up :).  I'll probably do this by using every committer's twistedmatrix.com <http://twistedmatrix.com/> email address, and they can either choose to associate that on Github (and Gravatar and Bitbucket or wherever) or not.

Does anyone know how I would re-generate the mirror to fix this?  I'd like to get it done soon before we slide further down the inexorable descent towards Git being the real upstream repository; having such a flag day after the migration seems untenable.

Also: can anyone (probably only Tom Prince, unfortunately) with knowledge of how the buildbot works tell me if any of that configuration is going to need to be adjusted?

Thanks!

-glyph