[Twisted-Python] Tips for dev environment

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Feb 3 23:31:19 MST 2015

> On Feb 3, 2015, at 2:43 AM, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:
>
> I have updated the Twisted Development page with a section describing
> how to create a dev environment.
>
> https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/TwistedDevelopment#Creatingyourworkenvironment
>
> Feel free to update or remove it.

Thanks for updating this!  Virtualenv is definitely an easier way to get set up, especially for optional dependencies.  I notice you've got it set up with the fancy new feature from #3696 ;).

The one issue I have with this is that it is UNIX-specific; in a Windows shell, the "." syntax won't work to source the relevant file.  But perhaps if a Windows user complains we can figure out what a reasonable setup is there :).

-glyph