[Twisted-Python] TODO/FIXME/XXX comments

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Sun Feb 1 07:16:11 MST 2015

Hi,

The coding standard contains:

"Comments marked with XXX or TODO must contain a reference to the
associated ticket."

-----

Are there more hints about how to write XXX/TODO comments or how not
to write them?

Instead of

XXX: If the client makes arbitrary CTCP queries,
this method should probably show the responses to
them instead of treating them as anomalies.

is this new comment better?

 FIXME:7560:
 Add code for handling arbitrary queries and not treat them as
 anomalies.

------

Maybe  we can update the styleguide with an example of a bad TODO
comment and a god TODO comment.

---------

For my project I use a specific marker for TODO comments so that it
much easier to automate some checks.. (ex no comments for closed
tickets are left in the code) or provide a list with
TODO/tech-debt tickets.

What do you think?
--
Adi Roiban