[Twisted-Python] asynchronous response

Marco Giusti marco.giusti at posteo.de
Fri Dec 18 08:08:45 MST 2015

On Thu, Dec 17 2015, Amber "Hawkie" Brown wrote:

> > On 17 Dec 2015, at 08:11, Kevin Mcintyre <kebin70 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hey - I'm confused, so nothing new :) ...but I'm running at this
> > example and I'm scratching my head.
> >
> > http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/web/howto/web-in-60/asynchronous-deferred.html
> >
> > I would've thought 2 requests could be served simultaneously, but
> > when I fire off 2 requests the first received gets it's response
> > after 5 seconds, while the second response takes 10 seconds.
> >
> > I think I understand what's happening, but I don't know why...and I
> > would love an example where the subsequent request doesn't have to
> > wait for the first request to finish.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kevin
>

> I've ran into this before --  browsers sometimes rate-limit requests,
> and won't actually send the second request until the first is done,
> over the same connection, rather than making a second TCP connection
> -- try using cURL or wget, which has no such limitation, and see if it
> works any better.

I don't think this is a limitation per se. For what I remember the http
1.1 specification says that the browser should wait for the first
response before they continue to send the other requests. Those can be
then sent in pipeline. So no limitation but specification.

I hope I did not misunderstood your respose.
Marco