[Twisted-Python] Python 2.7 on CentOS 6 (was: PotentialZombieWarning warning message?)

John Santos JOHN at egh.com
Tue Dec 15 04:28:02 MST 2015

Sorry if the quoting is a little weird in this, I've long since deleted
Glyph's original response, so I'm replying to Amber's latest, but I just
noticed something in the quote (from Glyph, I think) that I want to correct
for the sake of posterity:

> On 15 Dec 2015, at 08:43, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>>
>> I understand that things like this often do, which is exactly why I want
to make it clear that we (speaking in terms of the broader Python
community now, not just Twisted) are trying to push people towards more
recent versions just because they're more fun or more aesthetically
===============^
pleasant, but because there are very real risks associated with being on
unsupported ancient versions of things.  It pains me not to be supporting
a configuration that some users want, but there is a line where
"conservative about change" becomes "negligent about maintenance" and
python 2.6 crossed it a little over two years ago :-).

I'm sure you meant "[we] are trying to push people towards more recent
versions [NOT] just because they're more fun..."

--
John Santos
Evans Griffiths & Hart, Inc.