[Twisted-Python] Attaching the release number to a closed/merged ticket

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Mon Dec 7 02:54:35 MST 2015

On 5 December 2015 at 19:31, Tom Prince <tom.prince at ualberta.net> wrote:

> > Amber commented that using milestones for such a thing is not a good idea
> > and that we should use tags like: landed-in-15.5, landed-for-15.5 ... and
> > keep milestones like Python-3 unchanged.
>
> I think rather than having a tag, it would make more sense to have a
> custom field (http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracTicketsCustomFields).
> I do think using `next` as the version before a release makes sense. One
> thing to note with that, is that tickets that land between branching and
> a release shouldn't have the fix version updated.

Thanks for the feedback.
Yes, we can have a tpcustom field.

Since Amber is the release manager I think that she should have the final
word.

Once we know that this is useful and there is a plan, I volunteer to
implement it.

For me, having the released version info in the Trac ticket is easier than
searching the NEWS file.

Thanks!
--
Adi Roiban