[Twisted-Python] [INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE] Removing Gadfly support from adbapi

Amber "Hawkie" Brown hawkowl at atleastfornow.net
Fri Dec 4 05:07:34 MST 2015

So, apparently, a long time ago, there was a database called Gadfly, and Twisted used to test adbapi against it. However, since then, we've moved on from Python versions that gadfly supports, so it outright doesn't work now -- not buggy, not weird -- just doesn't even import.

This doesn't change any user facing code, but does change some tests, and even though it's covered under the compatibility policy, I thought I'd put it on the ML anyway. :)

You can find the code at https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/8119. We do not require any signoffs to remove it, this email is purely informational.

- Amber